Dental veneers are a simple option for improving your smile. Veneers are a thin covering placed over the front of the tooth. Veneers, made out of porcelain or composite resin material, look like natural teeth. Your dentist will help you determine the veneer material that is right for you. We serve Cincinnati, Oh and surrounding areas. Call today!
Dental veneers are a simple option for improving your smile. Veneers are a thin covering placed over the front of the tooth. Veneers, made out of porcelain or composite resin material, look like natural teeth. Your dentist will help you determine the veneer material that is right for you.
Dental Veneers Services in Cincinnati, OH, and the Surrounding Areas
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers:
- Strong and long-lasting
- Have a natural looking surface
- Less tooth enamel needs to be removed than with a crown or cap
- Don’t stain easily
Benefits of Composite Resin Veneers:
- Less tooth enamel is removed compared to crowns or porcelain veneers
- Fewer trips to the dentist – composite resin veneers can sometimes be applied in one visit
- Cost less than porcelain veneers
- If damaged, composite resin veneers can be fixed quickly and easily
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell custom-made to fit on the tooth.
Dental Veneers can be used to correct a variety of dental issues, including:
- Stained teeth that can’t be whitened by bleaching
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Uneven spaces or a large gap between the upper front teeth
The Five Steps to Place Porcelain Veneers:
- The dentist removes a small amount of enamel from the front and sides of the teeth. This provides space for the dental veneers, resulting in a natural look.
- An impression or mold of the prepared teeth is then created. At this time the dentist will decide which veneer shade will best complement your smile.
- Porcelain veneers are then created using the impression or mold. This process can take several days. The dentist may provide temporary veneers to wear during this period.
- Once the porcelain veneers are ready, the dentist will place the veneers on your teeth to assess the fit and shape. After any adjustments are made, your teeth are cleaned and the dental veneers are bonded.
- Additional changes may be made at a later date.
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are made from a tooth-colored filling material that is then bonded to the tooth.
The Three Steps to Place Composite Resin Veneers:
- The dentist will prepare or reshape your teeth before carefully bonding and sculpting the composite material using a color that best complements your smile.
- A special light is used to harden the composite and bond it to your teeth.
- The veneers are then smoothed and polished to look like natural teeth.
Schedule an appointment with your dentist to determine if veneers are right for you.